Skip to Content

Category Archives: News

Masterclass: Bridging the Valuation Gap – Oxford Belfry, 30 Nov 2017

Written on October 4, 2017 at 8:36 pm, by

A free Masterclass specifically to provide business owners with the information and guidance on how to value and prepare their Companies for a future sale. This Masterclass will focus on how to minimise the gap between Vendor expectations and Acquirers valuations. By understanding how the sale process operates and what needs to be done in  Continue Reading »

Masterclass: How to Maximise Shareholder Exit Value – Stockport, 7 Dec 2017

Written on October 4, 2017 at 8:31 pm, by

A free Masterclass designed to provide business owners with the information and guidance on how to maximise Shareholder exit value, in preparation for a future sale. By understanding how businesses are valued, how deals are structured and how the sale process operates, business owners can significantly increase the value and saleability of their businesses and  Continue Reading »

Masterclass: How to Maximise Shareholder Exit Value – London 9 November 2017

Written on October 4, 2017 at 12:30 pm, by

If thoughts of a sale are on your horizon, however distant, then this Masterclass is a great way to gather the information you need on how to prepare for this life-changing transaction. It’s consistently demonstrated that owners who prepare for exit attract premium prices. At the Masterclass you’ll get practical advice and guidance from business  Continue Reading »

Latest update for Price/Earnings Multiples for the Engineering Sector

Written on April 22, 2017 at 9:29 pm, by

Latest update for Price/Earnings Multiples for the Engineering Sector One of our Valuers has just advised that the FTSE Engineering Industry Sector P/E Ratio at close of business on Friday 21 April 2017 was 33.43.  So applying a 50% discount for an privately owned (unquoted) business provides a ratio of 16.7.  But, before anyone reaches  Continue Reading »

New London Based Business Broker – Langley London Ltd

Written on March 30, 2017 at 12:52 pm, by

Stirling is pleased to announce that it has bought back the name of Langley London Ltd to the Borough High Street, near to London Bridge Station after an absence of nearly 20 years. The business will trade as a London based Business Broker, predominantly for selling businesses with a turnover of over £1m. Roger Smith,  Continue Reading »

CEO Exit & Succession Planning

Written on July 19, 2016 at 5:02 pm, by

CEO Exit & Succession Planning Business owners face a number of challenges when they try to sell or transition out of their business. In fact, four out of five businesses that are listed for sale never get sold – and with the baby boomers preparing for retirement, there is a risk of a glut of  Continue Reading »

How to Maximise Business Value

Written on March 21, 2016 at 10:09 pm, by

Should you be thinking of selling a business, there are many things that can be done to maximise your business value, as part of a business development plan. But whether or not you wish to sell, it is as well to remember that many business owners do not plan at all, which may account for  Continue Reading »

New Business Planning Service

Written on March 10, 2016 at 10:07 pm, by

“The 3% of people with written business plans earn more than the other 97% added together!” Whether or not you are wanting to sell a business, it is fairly well known that those business owners with a written business plan are far more successful than those who don’t. There’s one story that goes along the  Continue Reading »

Avoiding mistakes Selling a Business

Written on February 29, 2016 at 10:43 am, by

Research has shown that many business owners fail to achieve the full or fair value of their businesses when trying to exit, simply through poor planning and preparation. It’s not your fault if you’re making some of these mistakes but hopefully, there’s still enough time to learn from the experience of others…… You’ve had enough  Continue Reading »

Business Valuations using Price/Earnings (P/E) Ratios

Written on December 9, 2015 at 12:50 pm, by

Multiples of net earnings or P/E ratios are used to value companies with an established profitable history. The Price/Earnings (P/E) Ratio represents the value of the business divided by its post tax profits. For example, if a company was making post-tax profits of £200,000 and you were offered £1,000,000 for it, that would equate to a  Continue Reading »